Family Resource Centre
In late 2000, with the support of the Volunteer Organization at CPRI, the Family Resource Centre was opened as a regional information centre committed to providing up-to-date, consumer-friendly information and reference services on child and adolescent mental health and developmental disabilities. Our goal is to use these resources for the education of clients, families, caregivers, CPRI staff and the community at large.
The Family Resource Centre has an ever-growing collection of books, magazines, videos and other audiovisual materials for children, teens and adults. Our resources include information on:
- Abuse and Violence
- Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anger Management
- Attachment Disorder
- Autism / Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD)
- Behaviour Management
- Bipolar Disorder / Depression
- Conduct Disorder
- Developmental Disabilities
- Down Syndrome
- Early Intervention / Prevention
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Parenting Skills
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder(OCD)
- Tourette Syndrome
- Specific Syndromes
Please check out the Reading Book List Section for detailed information on books and videos that are available at the Family Resource Centre.
There is a computer in the Resource Centre that is available for Internet use.
- A bulletin board with news on child and adolescent mental health and developmental disabilities
- Camp information
- Magazines, pamphlets, and brochures
- Information about support groups and community resources
- A cozy corner to view videos and DVDs.
The Centre is located in the Crombie Building, 1st floor (Room 1-22), adjacent to the Outpatients Waiting Room.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except holidays).
A Book Drop-Off box is located at the North-East entrance of Crombie Building. Please see map for direction.
Contact the Family Resource Centre at: email: email@example.com or phone: 519-858-2774 ext. 2494 for more information or to schedule a visit.