CPRI Brake Shop clinic: Referrals
Brake Shop HQ. CPRI’s Brake Shop is located in the Crombie Building in London, Ontario, Canada.
'Coming Into The Garage'
The Brake Shop Clinic provides service on an outpatient basis for children and youth age 6 to 18 years with severe behavioural difficulties and/or Intermittent Explosive Disorder ('rage') with a diagnosed or suspected tic disorder within CPRI's catchment area. Please click here to obtain a .pdf copy of the Brake Shop brochure.
The Brake Shop provides specialized assessment, treatment, consultations, and community education services for:
- Tourette Syndrome and other tic disorders ('leaky brakes' in charge of regulating movements and sounds)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder ('leaky brakes' in charge of regulating thoughts)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder ('leaky brakes' in charge of regulating attention and impulses)
- sensory processing difficulties ('leaky brakes' in charge of regulating sensitivity to sight, smell, sound, taste, or touch)
- Disruptive Behaviour Disorders (Oppositional-Defiant Disorder and reactive anger/'rage'; often a natural and expected extension of the struggles inherent to coping with 'leaky brakes')
Referrals are made directly to CPRI's central intake office (519-858-2774 x2024)
Referrals are accepted from any source including parents, physicians, psychologists, schools, or social service agencies.
CPRI is not a core service; the Brake Shop will provide services to the children/youth and their families with the highest needs, and will complement community services.
Access to our various educational services (Leaky Brakes 101 course, community Presentations, school Assemblies, Training Workshops for professionals, Family Resource Centre library access) do not require a referral.
Patients may be accepted for a one-time Brake Shop consultation ('A Quick Peek Under The Car'):
- Before a Brake Shop consultation is to be booked, families and/or involved agencies are asked to review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section of this website.
Assessment & Treatment Services:
The last stop on your road-trip. If accepted for full Brake Shop Clinic Admission, services may take the form of 'All Points Checks' (Assessment Services), and/or 'Brake Adjustments' (Treatment Services):
- a package of scales will be sent to the home for parents and the referred youth to complete, and (with consent) to the school for teachers to complete.
- In addition, our 'Service Contract' (an introductory letter and informed consent document for the referred youth) is sent.
- To read our Brake Shop clinic 'Treatment Philosophy', please click here.
Call (519) 858-2774, and choose one of the following extensions:
For driving directions and a CPRI grounds map, click here.
Brake Shop Clinic home page.